About Mike Tyson's Punch Out
Mike Tyson's Punch Out is a 1987 classic arcade boxing game from Nintendo.
The game features a boxer known as Little Mac, who must fight his way up through the ranks of the World Video Boxing Association. After fighting a number of fictional opponents in three circuits, the goal is to win the final fight against the then Heavyweight Champion of the World, the ‘baddest man on the planet', Mike Tyson.
How to Play
Little Mac has a limited repertoire compared to most of his opponents. His punches are limited to left and right jabs, left and right body blows, and a powerful uppercut. The uppercut can only be used once the player earns a star, which is typically accomplished by counter-punching the opponent directly before or after certain attacks are launched.
The player can acquire up to three stars. To perform the uppercut, the player needs to press the start button once a star is earned. To defend, Mac can dodge left or right, duck, and block punches by putting up his guard. Little Mac also has a heart counter, which decreases upon being hit, blocking a punch, or throwing a punch that the opponent dodges or blocks. When the counter decreases to zero, Little Mac temporarily turns pink and appears exhausted, leaving the player unable to attack but still able to dodge, duck, and block. At this point, Mac can regain some hearts (and his normal color palette) only by avoiding the opponent's punches. He immediately loses all of his hearts upon being knocked down, but can regain some by getting up.
A bout can end by knockout (KO), if a fighter is unable to get up within ten seconds after being knocked down. By technical knockout (TKO), if a fighter is knocked down three times in one round. O finally by a decision, if the bout lasts three full rounds without a clear winner. In order to win by decision, the player must accumulate higher than a certain point total. This is achieved by punching the opponent and/or knocking him down. The needed total varies from one boxer to the next. However, some bouts cannot be won in this manner and will automatically result in a loss for the player if the opponent is not knocked out. Mac can only get up two times during any one bout; if he is knocked down a third cumulative time, he will be unable to rise and thus lose by technical knockout.
When Mac loses his first bout to a ranked opponent, he will have a chance to fight a rematch. However, if he loses a Title Bout, he will fall in the rankings. One place for the Minor or Major Circuits, two places for the World Circuit. Losing a rematch causes him to fall one place (unless he is already at the bottom of his circuit), forcing him to fight his way back up. A third loss (not necessarily a consecutive one), or a loss in the Dream Fight, ends the game.
Mike Tyson's Punch Out Characters
- Glass Joe: A stereotypical wimp from Paris, France. First fought in the Minor Circuit.
- Von Kaiser: An ex-military officer from West Berlin, West Germany. He is the second opponent in the Minor Circuit.
- Piston Honda: An experienced boxer from Tokyo, Japan. He is the champion of the Minor Circuit.
- Don Flamenco: A former bull fighter from Madrid, Spain. Don is the first fighter from the Major Circuit and the first fighter to need a strategy involving his taunts.
- King Hippo: An overweight fighter from Hippo Island, South Pacific. He can only be hit on the belly, which remains well-guarded until his hands go way up in the air; and if knocked down once, he will not get up again. Hippo is a Major Circuit Boxer.
- Great Tiger: An Indian boxer that can teleport and trick the player.
- Bald Bull: Bald Bull is a fighter from Istanbul, Turkey, and has his own signature move. He will charge at Little Mac to knock him down in one punch, which can be prevented with a body blow. He is champion of the Major Circuit.
- Soda Popinski: A burly Russian who enjoys drinking soda. Originally named "Vodka Drunkenski".
- Mr. Sandman: A black boxer from Philadelphia, known for his triple uppercut move that can be deadly to the player.
- Super Macho Man: World Circuit champion.
- Mike Tyson: The last fight in the game and is noted as one of the hardest bosses in all of video game history.
- Mr. Dream: A reskin for Mike Tyson in the game's re-releases.
In addition, Mario makes a cameo appearance as the referee.
Click Here for more information about Mike Tyson's Punch Out.
Source : Wikipedia
A = SELECT
S = START
← → ↑ ↓ = LEFT / RIGHT / UP / DOWN
Z = B Button
X = A Button
Embed this game