About Track and Field
Track and Field is a sports arcade game originally released by Konami in 1983.
Kids and adults alike, spent their time playing this using all the spit they could muster for their fingertips, in order to obtain as much speed as possible. While challenging their immune systems with all those nasty germs ! Ring any bells ?
BTW. Let us know your Track and Field world records. We'd love to know :-)
How to Play
Track and Field can by played by up to four players. In each of the events, there is a qualifying time, distance or height that the player must achieve in order to advance to the next. Failing to qualify will reduce the number of player lives by one. Players can earn extra lives at a certain number of points, depending on the difficulty settings
If a player completes all six Track and Field events, there is a brief medal ceremony. They are then sent back to the field for another round of events, which come with more difficult qualifying levels, unless the game has been configured to conclude after one round of events.
Track and Field Events
The original arcade game, has two "run" buttons (a trackball replace this in later models due to button damage lol) and one "action" button for jumping, throwing and setting angles.
- 100 meter dash – running by quickly alternating button presses;
- Long jump – running by alternating button press and correct timing for jump — hold jump button to set angle (42 degrees is optimal);
- Javelin throw – running by alternating button presses and then using action button correct timing for angle (43 degrees is optimal);
- 110 meter hurdles – running by alternating button presses and using action button to time jumps;
- Hammer throw – spinning initiated by pressing a run button once and then correctly timed press of action button to choose angle (45 degrees is optimal);
- High jump – running (speed set by computer) and then action button must be held down to determine angle of jump — once in the air, the run button can be rapidly pressed for additional height.
Source for Track and Field Events : Wikipedia
Click Here for more information about Track and Field.
A = SELECT
S = START
← → ↑ ↓ = LEFT / RIGHT / UP / DOWN
Z = B Button
X = A Button
Embed this game
Track And Field is a great sports arcade game… watch you dont catch any germs though!!!